#KickTush Tuesday: Dump Stress!!!
The Journal of the American Medical Association tells us that writing about stressful situations, stressful life events, even the stressors of daily living helps to reduce symptoms of asthma and rheumatoid arthritis, and the effects of writing are long lasting.
This is just one study in a growing body of evidence that shows the mental and emotional health are linked to physical well-being. Scientists cannot pinpoint exactly how this works, but they believe that regular journaling strengthens immune cells, called T-lymphocytes.
Writing about the stressful events of our lives, that which weighs us down, helps us to come to terms with them, which reduces the impact of the stressors on our health and our weight!
Expressing oneself through writing can lead to better health, as well as help people cope with stress. And we all know how stress impacts upon our health, don’t we?
5 Ways to Express Yourself on Paper
…Strengthen Your Immune System!
1. Keep an old-fashioned journal
2. Set up a “dummy” e-mail account on one of the free servers as a place to dump your stress and send yourself a note every day. It is your “stress relief” email address, used only for this purpose. It is a solely a dumping ground.
3. Write small notes to yourself on index cards, thus limiting the amount you can say and deposit them in an old-school cigar box (or container of your choice). Again, only for this purpose.
4. Cut out a picture or two to go with your words from a magazine. Using your glue stick, collage your stress away.
5. Text message yourself every time you are stressed to your last nerve. Write it. Send it. Read it. Erase it. Let it go. Lighten up!
Sometimes it’s just that simple!
How can you best express yourself on paper?
Try both manually written messages and electronic versions and let us know!
Weigh-in on writing and other “heavy” matters. Join with Tushkateers from around the globe: Our Lady of Weight Loss’s KICK in the TUSH Club/FB!
Spread the word–NOT the icing!