Kick Tush Tuesday: The End of Summer Blues — 24 Ways to Refresh, Renew, Revitalize
It’s not that I want to rush the summer away, or prematurely much less hastily move us into the coolness of autumn, or the coldness of winter, but I am concerned that the shorter the days and the longer the nights, the more our energy will wane.
It may feel as if our solar batteries are wholly and utterly charged, enough say to carry us through till the end of November, maybe even December, but then again, maybe not. And then, what about our energy levels come the New Year? (Oy! Talk about projecting into the future. Missing the moment. What happened to “Be. Here. Now.”)
Overly dramatic or not, if we want to steadily and happily move through today, tomorrow and all the days of our lives; then we need to keep our inner-battery well-charged. As close to 100% capacity as possible!
Imagine if we paid as much attention to our body/mind batteries as we do to our smart-phones, computers, all electronic devices.
To Re-Charge or Crash
I pulled together, assembled, and stacked the deck high with 24 ways, things to do, actions steps if you will, that can rev your engine, recharge your battery, keep a smile on your face, add a bounce to your step and a solid zippidy-doo-dah to your day!
You can incorporate some of these smart, funny and unreservedly useful tips into your daily routine, or if you like, you can mix ‘em and match ‘em, depending on your mood and lifestyle.
- Extreme Craziness! Sing, chant, hum, dance, prance, bang your drums, run in circles, skip and/or walk backwards. Silly or not, do what you have to do to shake the doldrums out of you!
- Add a hint of RED! As Bill Blass says, “When in doubt, wear RED!” Red is the most energizing of all colors. Just a hint of red will do; no need to dip your entire body in it! Try wearing a pair of red earrings, a red scarf, or even a red pocket square.
- Splash Cold Water in Your Face! A quick splash of cold water, first thing in the morning, may energize you even better than a cup of caffeinated coffee! No kidding.
- Luminizing MakeUp! I hear that the light-reflecting particles in facial luminizers can give a little shimmer to and brighten one’s face. (I’m heading to the makeup counter today!)
- A Peppermint Refresher! The strong smells of peppermint will not only wake you up, but it will help you to move throughout your day more quickly and efficiently. Keep a bottle of essential peppermint oil in your purse or draw at work for a quick pick-me-up! Sniff, sniff!!!
- Aroma-Energy! If Peppermint’s not your thing, worry not. There are other aromatherapy oils that can give a quick boost to your energy levels. Here’s an energy-refreshing recipe that will get you moving, shaking and loving life! On a cotton ball, place two drops of lavender and one drop of basil on a cotton ball. Sniff deep!
- H20! Human beings are made up of approximately 70 percent water. If you are not drinking enough, if you are dehydrated, then your body slows its circulation and, in turn, your energy goes a tumbling on down. Drink a glass right now, so that you are energized while reading the rest of these incredibly energizing tips! Bottom’s up!
- Watch a Funny Movie! Watching funny movies decreases certain stress-related hormones! Stress slows us and drains us. Laughter energizes us. Enough said? Make a list of your top 10 funny movies, now! And watch them.
- Flowers! Flowers are indeed another one of life’s miracles! They have a wonderfully bright, positive and warm energy that can lighten and energize any room and/or person. Try putting a white vase with red or pink flowers on your bedside table and just see how energy arises.
- Rub Your Ears! Did you know that by stimulating certain pressure points on your ear, you can increase blood circulation and energize your entire body? True enough! Vigorously rub your ears for one minute and feel the energy flow.
- Embrace Imperfection! Trying to be perfect can be exhausting, and it can lower glucose levels in your brain, making it that much more difficult to function!!! When your “perfection gene” gets activated, remember to “embrace imperfection.” What a relief! Enjoy the wave of peaceful and calm energy that now flows through you.
- Breathe! Most people are “shallow breathers.” This type of breathing causes carbon dioxide to build up in your blood and make you dozy, snoozy and lethargic. By taking in a few deep breathes, you will get the oxygen moving through your system again. This will help you to become alert!
- S-T-R-E-T-C-H ! Stand up, get on your toes, and lift your fingertips to the ceiling. Go ahead … S T R E T C H!!! Feel the pull in your calves, your abdomen, your shoulders, your arms and your legs! Congratulations! You have just activated almost every muscle in your body! Wow!!!
- Sleep in the Dark! To ensure full cycles of sleep, make your bedroom as dark as possible. Light inhibits melatonin secretions, and thus it resets the biological clock, making us tired. If you don’t have enough blinds, shades or curtains to make it dark, try a sleeping mask. I’ve got a leopard one!!! Makes it even more fun and fun is always energizing.
- Stand Straight – Sit Straight! Slouching can cause your brain to receive up to 30% less blood and oxygen. It also compresses your internal organs, compromising their efficiency. Hunching over your computer promotes shallow breathing. Oh, it’s a vicious cycle.
- DeClutter! Clean out the closets. Let go of any and all clothing that you have not stepped into in over a year; toss any and all things that have an unpleasant vibe to it. Once you’ve cleared the space of the old, try on the new! Think “new energy for a new season.”
- Redecorate. Changing the colors of your four walls can give your home and you a much-needed lift. Or – if you don’t want to paint – try repositioning your furniture to get the ‘chi’ (energy) moving throughout your home.
- Fat Head! Approximately 50-60% of your brain is pure fat. The fat serves as insulation for your brain’s billions of nerve cells. The better insulated the cells, the faster your brain sends messages and the speedier your thinking. Eat a mix of healthy fats for energy and productivity! Here are few excellent choices: Wild Salmon, Mackerel, Anchovies, Dark Green Leafy Vegetables, Avocado.
- Silence, Please! Spend one day a month in total silence! It may seem difficult at first, but I guarantee that you will find it refreshing and energizing. Imagine, just for a moment, what it might be like to give the ‘chatterbox’ in your head a rest!!!
- Walk! A simple, quick walk around the block can do wonders for your energy level. The fresh air and movement prove a mighty combo. It gets your heart a pumpin’, and once again, the blood rushes to your brain, energizing those tired, slumping brain cells!
- Let the Light Shine In! Studies show that 20 minutes of sunlight can make all the difference. If the weather’s bad, or you’re housebound, go sit by the window! Open your blinds. Let the sunshine in and smile.
- Learn Something! You’ve walked, applied luminizer, let the sun shine in and smiled! Why not get your brain energized, as well. Sign up for a class, join a book club, maybe learn how to knit, or how about becoming a brain surgeon! It is back to school season, after all!
- Smile, yes smile! Smiling lowers your blood pressure, helps you to relax, relieves stress, exercises 15-26 facial muscles, makes you look younger as it lifts the face and it fires up various parts of your brain.
- Socialize! One of the most special and best things about being a human being is that we are social animals. We thrive by interacting, by supporting, by being with each other. So don’t short-circuit your energy by hanging solo. Shared energy is the best energy. Join the Kick in the Tush Club!
For more energy, join Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club/FB!
And–for the full skinny sign up for Janice Taylor’s (monthly) Kick in the Tush Club newsletter!
Spread the Word-–NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor, Anti-Gravity Coach, Life Coach, Weight Loss Expert
Weight Loss Expert, Author, Artist, Positarian